“YOU MUST BELIEVE IN THE HEALING PROPERTIES OF THE PLANT TO THRIVE.”
We had the opportunity to interview Mishel, Yael and Stephanie – the women behind Blumenes.
Can you share with us the story about what brought you to this specific career path?
There are 3 Co-Founders to Blumenes (Bloominess) Yael, Mishel & Stephanie. We began this journey of wanting to create a product that could actually work with the body instead of medicating it. We each have personal stories which led us 3 to actually step on to the path of product development.
Can you share the most interesting story that happened to you since you began leading your company?
In the beginning stages of developing our company we were adamant about finding the most ethical and honest Lab, our first encounter was with an unusual lab director who relentlessly preached to us that the only way to produce a cream would work with a snake venom. He was so passionate about the snake venom and held us in a meeting for three hours but with a lot of will power and knowing this won’t be the right choice for us, we were able escape the snake path.
Can you share a story about the funniest mistake you made when you were first starting? Can you tell us what lesson you learned from that?
Sitting all day by our desks, we decided to start a negotiation telling our vendor we only agreed to pay $2.00 on an item, little did we know right from the get go our vendor already offered a ridiculously low and fair price, we were totally embarrassed that we were negotiating for a lower price while we already got it. Let’s just say we sent virtual hugs to our vendor in appreciation of having our back.
Are you working on any exciting projects now?
We are in the R & D process right now for 2 highly requested products. Pure concentrated Facial Serum with pure CBD Oil & a CBD Body Oil ……..
We have also created 2 skincare lines which will be rolling out by January 2021. A Women’s Anti-Aging skincare line with CBD Oil and a Men’s CBD Anti- Aging Moisturizer.
None of us are able to achieve success without some help along the way. Is there a particular person who you are grateful towards who helped get you to where you are? Can you share a story?
Our colleague Debbie who believed in us from the beginning and trusted our vision, her belief in us has been magical .
This industry is young ,dynamic and creative. Do you use any clever and innovative marketing strategies that you think large legacy companies should consider adopting?
There’s something special when a brand is emerging from a grassroot foundation. Creating a quality product ensuring that every detail is accounted for is what we’re all about, our marketing tools simply mimic our passion for authenticity and truth, when ego is left at the door it allows us to facilitate our creativity.
Can you share 3 things that most excite you about the Cannabis industry?
- We are excited over the floodgates of research that will become available with time and with research we can define and refine our products to serve our bodies in the best and most effective way possible through the understanding of the receptors.
- We believe Self Care is necessary to managing & healing ourselves. Self-Care is our product & company motto. “Be Kind To Yourself” . Making Products that could heal us from inside ( capsules) and out ( topicals). In understanding the cannabinoid system, targeting or supporting those receptors could reduce the dependence on pharmaceuticals.
- Separate from learning, planning, producing and selling quality products, we have discovered such an amazing community of people who are living, learning & sharing with us constantly. It’s the people that we are meeting who are making our new adventure feel like a wild ride at Magic Mountain!
Can you share 3 things that most concern you?
- Phony products that promise and don’t deliver.
- Misinformation- overcoming old beliefs systems about the cannabis plant.
Can you share your “5 Things I Wish Someone Told Me Before I Started Leading a Cannabis Business”? Please share a story or example for each.
- Misinformation- Isolate vs. CBD Oil
- The Value of Airless Pumps
- Understanding the R & D process and manufacturing -It took us 2 years to create and produce our products. As we started the process of formulating the first CBD cream, we first needed to learn and feel which level of CBD felt effective and the activating ingredients which enhance the product. There are so many to choose from and
- After making our Blumenes 1000mg CBD Cream, we had a very big hurdle to overcome….selling online! Finding a credit card company that would process our transactions was difficult to say the least. Although we are grateful to finally have a processing company that will work with us, the commission is very high…
- If more people would come together as a community versus adverse competition we would build an awesome strong Canna community (“The Happy Canna Village”).
What advice would you give to other CEOs or founders to help their employees to thrive?
YOU MUST BELIEVE IN THE HEALING PROPERTIES OF THE PLANT TO THRIVE. POSITIVE ENERGY ATTRACTS HEALING ENERGY.
Treat every employee as a valued treasure.
You are a person of great influence. If you could inspire a movement that would bring the most amount of good to the most amount of people, what would that be? You never know what your idea can trigger.
This is an awesome question, and one of our favorite topics.
In fact this question really touches our hearts, and led us to actually TradeMark this quote “BE KIND TO YOURSELF” as often enough our biggest roadblocks in life is the negative chatter we tell ourself, at the end of the day “Be Kind To Yourself-” it all starts from you!!!!!
What is the best way our readers can follow you on social media?
Linkedin: Blumenes Labs
youtube: Blumenes CBD
Leave a comment